Change in PERSPECTIVE leads to HAPPINESS



Where can I find happiness? Owning a big house, Owning a exotic sports car, Owning a top notch gadget? Where? That's what we call dreams? Isn't it?
Dreaming is a much needed and a gifted tendency of mankind. Some people work on this, some don't. Some blame and curse their destiny, some change their destiny. 
The journey isn't a cake walk. It needs one to be sedulous in approach, to be able to do hard work and to have a come back strong attitude every time one fails.
Whatever your present status is, Rich or poor, do not forget that happiness is the state of mind. It's all about the perspective.
Those who understand are the ones who make the most out of their lives. Those who are in search of happiness in materialistic things will never succeed.

This short story will help you explore the happiness from within.

It was around 9pm. Heavy rains lashed the city making everything look haywire. I too a had bad day for some reason. I decided to walk down the streets. While I walked, I was thinking about my failures and cursing my fate for all those bad things that had ever happened to me.
A hush descended over the street, it was dark and I could manage to trace out the path in the dim light from a tall lamp post a few meters away from me. The trees had fallen, the electricity had gone and everything around looked messed up.
It was still drizzling, but I made my mind to walk for some time. I was feeling low and I was consistently complaining about my life while I was walking. 

I was all alone.

As I moved, I saw a tall tree. Suddenly I saw a boy, who seemed around 10 years old, with a torn T-Shirt. His face was looking pale. He was kind of short and bare footed and was sitting under the tree, hoping that it was the best place for him to take shelter in that disastrous weather. He was all wet, his eyes were wide open, and he was shivering with cold. His eyes spoke many things. He was sitting resting his head on his knees. He was also alone like I was. His condition was so miserable that for a moment I forgot everything that I was thinking about.

I don’t know why, but I started thinking as if I were him and if I were in his place.

Chill shiver rippled across my body with this thought. I stood still.
I was now asking questioning myself. How would my life had been if I were that boy? How would I  have dealt with this miserable situation …and much more. I realized the pain and the sufferings the boy must be going through.
I closed my eyes and I remembered what my father had told me once. But I never gave it a serious thought before that very moment.

He said,
"You will always keep complaining about your life and about your destiny, if you compare yourself with someone stronger than you. Stronger in the sense with what you are comparing about .Your life will become more miserable and you will lose that much needed faith in yourself. Always try to compare yourself with a person somewhat weaker than you. You will realize what you have in life and how lucky you are to get it. This will make you feel good. This is the step one. Once you feel good of what you have, you compare yourself with the stronger person and this time instead of complaining about your own life, you will set a challenging goal in front of you to do better than that person or rather better than what you are. This will make you happy and will keep your dreams alive."
 I opened my eyes, the drizzle stopped. I looked at that boy. He was standing on his feet, peeping to check if rain stopped. He came out and started walking. He suddenly looked behind, looked at me and smiled. How innocent the smile was! He moved on his way then, very happily. I couldn’t stop myself observing him. He was splashing the water from every ditch he would come across. I felt like he was getting eternal happiness doing that. I remembered this boy before the rain, very calm, very scared. Actually he had nothing with him to be happy, but still he was brimming with happiness as if he got everything in life. I just could smile….I kept watching him as he disappeared into the dark.

I got to learn a very big lesson that day. Happiness is not about getting all you want, it is about enjoying all you have. It’s all your perspective towards the life, half empty glass or half full glass. Big storms can’t destroy your happiness if you have strong will power and optimism. 
Then all you have is the power and vigor to overcome your sadness…

 "All birds find shelter during a rain but eagle avoids rain by flying above the clouds…
Problems are common but attitude makes the difference"